Nationally in Labor Participation
Network Kansas is growing an entrepreneurial environment in Kansas by cultivating resources to start and grow small businesses. We are a statewide network of non-profit business-building resources that help entrepreneurs and small business owners startup and grow successful businesses.
A NetWork Kansas E-Community has made a commitment to cultivating an entrepreneurial environment by identifying and developing resources to help local entrepreneurs start or grow businesses. Selected communities partner with NetWork Kansas to establish a locally-administered loan fund to assist entrepreneurs with capital, increase connectivity to resources available to assist entrepreneurs and small businesses, initiate activities to generate entrepreneurial development, and participate in a statewide partnership with other E-Communities.
The E-Community Partnership, now in its thirteenth year, has grown from six communities in 2007 to 66 in 2020. To date, E-Communities have provided $21.5 million to businesses, leveraging an additional $99.2 million (bank loans, owner down payment, resource partner loans, etc.).
Goals of the E-Community Partnership
- Grow a flourishing, sustainable entrepreneurial environment supportive of business startups and expansions
- Engage and/or develop entrepreneurial resources to meet identified community and business needs
- Create a revolving loan fund to provide matching loans to entrepreneurs and small businesses with local control of decisions and terms
- Forge a community vision centered around entrepreneurship as a tool for economic development
Components of an E-Community
A NetWork Kansas E-Community has made a decision to proactively pursue entrepreneurship as an economic development strategy. The following components are present in all 66 E-Communities:
- Local leadership teams are committed to meeting regularly to provide the overall direction and leadership for the E-Community and to discuss ways to create a flourishing environment
- Local financial review board, tasks with acting as the loan committee for E-Community loan applications
- Locally-controlled revolving loan fund
- Active engagement with local sources of public and private funding
- Access to a statewide network of over 500 partners, focusing on connecting entrepreneurs and small business owners to the education, expertise, and economic resources they need
- Access to entrepreneurship programming designed to benefit different types of businesses
- A marketing fund to support the development and/or implementation of special projects and initiatives
Capital Loan Programs
NetWork Kansas matching loan programs are designed to support private capital by providing matching funds to assist startups and existing businesses that are expanding. A variety of loan programs are offered based on geography, matching loan amounts, and project needs.
If you have not been approved for any funding, please contact our referral center, 877-521-8600, to be connected with a Referral Coordinator. If you have already been approved for funding from your local service provider or bank, you may qualify for several of our matching loan programs. The best solutions for your business will depend on the total project need and the loan amount you've already been approved for.