Nationally in Labor Participation
The University of Kansas Health System Pawnee Valley Campus Nominated for wKREDA’s Service Business of the Year Award
19 Nov 2019
The University of Kansas Health System Pawnee Valley Campus (PVCH) has been nominated by the Larned Area Chamber of Commerce and Pawnee County Economic Development Commission for wKREDA’s Retail/Service Business of the Year Award.
“We’re proud to have a critical care community-owned hospital here in our community. They are very involved in the community from putting on community physicals, the 6th Grade Careers Day, sponsoring local events and parades, hosting an annual benefit run and much more. They also offer wellness classes to help community members improve their health and have launched an initiative for a healthy hospital. They are a true community asset,” said Alex Filbert of the Larned Area Chamber of Commerce and Pawnee County Economic Development Commission.
Much of their community involvement is through the Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Foundation, a foundation designed to increase their ability to make a large community impact by building upon their strong healthcare mission. Here are just a few of the projects they are involved in:
- Healthcare Stars program
- The PVCH Foundation teamed up with the Hospital and United Way of Central Kansas on the Box of Love project, which delivered boxes of basic need to the Elderly and Hospice patients on Valentine’s Day.
- The Foundation partnered with the Chamber to build a Young Professionals Group.
- Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Associates Campaign, employees giving back!
- Working on a Walking Club Program to get our community up and moving towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Pancake Feed at Santa Fe Trail Days
- Golf Tournament
- Partnering with Pawnee Valley Medical Associates on a program to teach young children the basics of health and the hospital.
The team at the University of Kansas Health System Pawnee Valley Campus continues to develop community-based solutions. Very often, this involves hosting events and classes that inform residents of how they can improve wellness and decrease their risk for disease. For example, they teach a Diabetes Solutions Class. Classes like these help the organization to fulfil its’ vision, “To improve the quality of life for the communities we serve through exceptional healthcare and service excellence.”
A Strong Healthcare Providers
PVCH offers a wide variety of healthcare services for community members, that includes:
- Acute and skilled nursing
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehab
- Emergency care
- High-complexity laboratory services
- Imaging, including CT, MRI, and Digital Mammography
- Operating room procedures
- Pain Clinic
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- PICC line placement
- Respiratory therapy
- Sleep center
- Specialized nursing services
- Wound care
Congratulations to Pawnee Valley Campus
Western Kansas has a lot to offer its residents and businesses. PVCH embodies that. With their strong commitment to community-based healthcare, and to giving back through their foundation, PVCH leadership and team members are going the extra mile to make Larned , Kansas an incredible place to live. Congratulations on being nominated for the wKREDA Retail/Service Business of the Year Award.